Sunday, February 20, 2011

An "Easy" Bedtime...

Since my husband was out for the evening, I found myself enjoying a a laid back evening with the children. I was just priding myself on how easy it was to get the twins upstairs to bed, when the evening took a turn. I was just heading back downstairs with the baby when she threw up all over both of us. I'm not talking a little bit of spit-up. I'm talking about full-on, chunky, pungent, white, vomit. And it was no small amount either. It was literally dripping off us both. I quickly popped in to explain to the twins that mommy was covered in a mess, and needed them to stay in bed so I could clean everything up. After they agreed, I headed down to try to resolve the situation. Since we were both drenched, I decided the best resolution was to strip us both down, and take a little bath together. I was just rinsing us off when I heard one of the twins at the top of the stairs calling frantically for me. Not sure exactly what the problem was, I jumped out of the tub, grabbed the first towel I could get my hands on (which turned out to be a hand towel), and bolted down the hallway toward the stairs. Water rained down upon the hallway as I tried rather unsuccessfully to warm the baby with the miniature towel and cover as much of myself as possible with what was left over. Aiden, the twin in question, urged me to run faster as I panted up the stairs, cold, naked, and slightly soapy. As I reached the top of the landing and began scanning for sings of trauma, Aiden looked at me with big innocent eyes and said, "Momma, I sneezed."

No comments:

Post a Comment