Monday, February 21, 2011

Money Money Money

This next encounter occurred a couple of years ago when the twins were just two. I took the boys grocery shopping. A trip, which under certain circumstances can pose quite a challenge. The boys were buckled into the car portion of the double cart, I had my list, and we were off and running. I knew my time was limited, so I focused on the list and planned to just plow through the chore. I was not paying much attention when Ross, in a happy little sing-song voice, said "Mommy!" Methodically, I replied in a similar voice with, "Baby!" A few seconds later, Ross repeated his happy little "Mommy!", to which I promptly replied with another "Baby!" We continued this dialogue for some time as I studiously compared prices, and checked items off my list. It wasn't until I stopped to actually look at the boys, that reality hit me. Ross had not been chanting "Mommy" as I had thought. In actuality, he had found my purse and was saying "Money!" as he pulled out dollar bills and various other denominations, and tossed them joyfully into the air. As I scanned the empty isle behind us, I noticed that it was littered with bills that had once belonged in my handbag! I learned a "valuable" lesson that day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh the boys bring so much joy and craziness wrapped together!! They are lucky to have such an amazing and very patient mommy. Thanks for the fun blog...I always love hearing your stories:) Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete